Monday, February 8, 2010

Amandas Birthday Day Two

On Saturday Andrew and I got up early and headed down to Elfin forest area so I could race the second race of the R/C winter series . The course was really tough big climbs and a lot of rocky loose descents I played conservatively on the climbs hoping not to blow up my race was just o k not to happy were I ended up but there is a lot of guys the top 10 or so in my class that had equal or better lap times than the expert class so overall I'm glad I did the race consistences will hopefully pay off in the end. After my race me and Andrew hiked around on the course for a while and we had a good time.

Karla had pay for a few people to go trapezing for Amanda's birthday so we meet them at the location after the race it was not far away in Escondido. It was a two hr class so Amanda, Andrew,Karla.Elaina,Tony and tony friend went thru the class it and I took all the pictures it was a lot of fun they all did great. They were taught how to swing from there hands and there knees upside down and sang upside down and had one of the instructors catch them from the trapeze and the do a back flip into the net.After the class we all went out to dinner and had a great time celebrating Amanda's 30th birthday.
Andrew, Elaina, Karla and Amanda ready to get started trapezing

Learning the basic before heading up to the plat form

Amanda heading up the ladder to the plat form

Amanda swinging away like a circus girl

Amanda pulling of the swinging upside down by her legs

Andrew in the middle of one the tricks

Amanda pulling off the release and catch trick Great Job Baby.

Overall the hole crew did very well, all of them pulled off some if not all the maneuvers they were taught in one short two hour class.We all had a great time watching and encouraging the crew on.This was a great birthday present and a great learning experience for everybody.