Tuesday, March 23, 2010

R/C Winter series finals

Well after our last trip to Florida thing have gotten back to normal around here. My new shift/job has been going well, Amanda has started nursing school and working 20 hr weeks so she has been real busy.Last Sat was the last r/c winter series race down in San Diego it went pretty well for me I finished 7th in my age group and I ended up 2nd place overall in the series so I was extremely pleased with that. The race itself i felt good and strong i hung in pretty tough and i could see the lead moto for quite a while 4th place was not to far a head of me until the second half of the 2nd lap i felt my pace was fast i just could not hold the pace as long as the other guys could.My partner Johnie from work signed us up at a local gym here in Temecula called Affordable fitness it is a small gym but it is never busy when we go right after work.We have been going three days a week.So far I'm all ready feeling stronger and more flexible. This week on Friday the Redlands bike race comes to Beaumont so I will be up there working and supporting the pass crews work thru all the street closures and of course watch the race as much as possible.

My parent arrived in town not to long after we got back from Florida so it has been great seeing them and they finally got to meet Amanda and they having had the kids over for weekend visits.