Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The New Year 2010

The new year has started and we are all ready in recovery mode most of us have been sick at one time or another over the last week with either a head cold or stomach flu. I have been lucky so far with only one day of illness Riding has been going well nice road ride with Temecula velo guys out in Deluz on Friday lots of steep hills, easy solo cruise on the road bike Sat morning and I meet up with some friends from the desert Doug and Dave out at Vail lake on Sunday to do some 12 hr course pre riding Ric Danny Gordon joined us.The course is fun challenging and has a lot of great down hills . This coming week will be real busy with Amanda's 30 th birthday on Thursday ,many plans in the works along with the second race of r/c series also this coming weekend.
Good news came my way this week I will be getting a promotion to one of the new field supervisors positions that recently has been created to better serve our crews up in the pass area so this will be a new challenge for me, down side I will have to go back to a night shift but this will open up for some more time to ride in the mornings and my partner and I are going to look into A local gym to join so we can get some workouts in.Hopefully this will increase my fitness level.