Monday, December 21, 2009

R/C Winter series race #1

I been getting some pretty good riding in over the last couple of weeks weather has been cool but with some rain but there been enough break in the rain to sneak in some rides. Wednesday after work I heeded over to Meadow view and hooked up with the Temecula velo group for a mtn bike ride 12 riders for the first official Wed night ride. It looks like there will be about 3 or 4 of us that are planning to team up and do the 12 hrs of Temecula in January that should be a lot of fun if it works out because I have always wanted to try one of those races out.

Sunday I carpooled wit Ric and Danny down to San Diego to race the first race of the R/C winter series, great turn out 24 riders in my class. All sport riders did a mass start I don't know how many of us there was but it was allot. I started about mid pack and settled into a good hard pace I was passing a lot of people for the first lap and a half I maintained the intensity thru out the race the course was great with a little of everything in it cycle cross, technical down hills and short climbs. I had a great battle with a guy from my class he would gap me on the climbs and I would reel him in on the technical sections and the flatter sections He finished wright in front of me I tried to pass him with one corner to go but to make the pass I would had to take his front wheel out so I backed off. Overall I felt strong I pushed hard and hung tough and that was a good felling I ended up in 7Th placed out of 24.Danny was in my class he finished 10 not bad for his first mtn bike race Ric also did well finishing on the podium in 4Th place in the expert class.
Nice technical down hill section
Rocky and loose terrain

Battling for 6th place on the last lap