Monday, December 14, 2009

Team AMR

The weather has definitely changed this week a lot cooler and its rained almost every day.I didn't do much riding I was tired from last weeks rides but I did get in three days of stretching, arms and core workouts in at home after work. It looks like the Wed night mtn bike rides are up and running at Meadow View area so hopefully I can get out there with the Temecula velo crew.Friday I managed to squeeze in a 2 hr mtn bike ride before the rains hit that day.Sat morning we helped Amanda's mom move up to Sun City and I jumped onto the trainer in the afternoon after that Amanda and I did a on demand workout video boy those thing are tough.

Paul one of my supervisors from work called and asked if I was going to be at the Tinsel Triathlon on Sunday for sure I said and actually its kinda funny because he mentioned it to me a couple weeks ago and I figured yea sure we talk every year about it and someone always ends up flaking out so I was surprised when he said it was a go this year.So I was up early Sunday morning after it rained cats and dogs all night long but the weather looked pretty good Sunday morning I meet up with Paul and Travis from work at our support trailer that they had out at the venue providing first aid to all participants. Our goal was to beat all the Hemet PD and fire guys. Paul was to due the run I did the bike leg and Travis the water polo guy to do the swim.The turnout was awesome over 1000 people raced. Paul did well on the run around 24 min I hammer the big leg ave 23 mph and finished the 12 miles in just under 30 min Travis banged out the swim in no time, our overall time was 58 min and some change good enough for 3rd place in the relay category just 4 seconds off of 2ND place and we think were about 60Th overall. It was nice to place in our first attempted as a team, and we did manage to crush all Hemet PD and fire crews it was nice to have our operations manager Jack out watching us and taking some pictures. So now we are going to challenge other AMR divisions to step up for the Redlands, Loma Linda and the Temecula triathlons early 2010.